Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I hate to say that I told you so, but I told you so

Within the past few days, a lot has happened (really? Never would have thought…)

Let’s see, tennessee went off without a hitch. =D Saturday and the days following I found myself in the same mess as always with Shay–she wouldn’t leave me alone. She began texting me like she wasn’t  apart of what the UTSA crew–like she hadn’t heard exactly what I said to her. Finally after round and round of bullshit, I had just had enough and told her to essentially take her life and constant drama and stick it. She got defensive, which was normal considering I was pretty mean, and told me that I was the constant sturrer of drama. HA! Really? Because I know I’m dramatic and I tend to be overemotional at times, but I never go looking for danger. I learned that from Lion King (Thanks Disney!). I listed all the ways she’s proceeded to bring drama in my life, and she hasn’t talked to me since. I’m pretty stoked about that. (I know, I’m an asshole…so are yankees. Not my fault)

WHOA. NEWSFLASH. Cute girl just walked into ACC student lounge. The hell? There are no cute girls here…life must be getting better…

Anyway, I’m going on a camping trip in two weekends. Weird, yes? I thought so, but it’s Cassidy’s birthday weekend. It will be me, Cass, her daughter (2.5 yrs), and Suzzette. It will be quite the adventure. But as I near the actual camping trip, I get more and more nervous. I keep getting a mixed, encrypted signal from her. Last night I could barely sleep because of the ideas circling my head like voltures in the desert. Do I get her a birthday present that says, “I actually listen to what you talk about”?  In which case, I’d get her two philosophy books. She always talks about how she wanted to be a philosophy major. Makes sense right? adklgja;grkwjeg’aprogjagj RAWWWRRRRRR…if I was a DUDE this would hardly be an issue. I could just be like, “I want to date you.” and it wouldn’t be awkward. It’s expected that guys do stupid shit. So if I pulled a stunt like that and it backfired, I’d still get the reputation of a “good guy” WIN-WIN. But nooooooooooo. Believe me, I love being a girl. It’s just times like these where it becomes more and more of a problem.

And it’s not that I want anything for certain. I’m just trying to decode all these classified thoughts she’s got locked away in her brain. I want to know more about her and her life, but I’m finding it more and more difficult. We hardly ever talk unless either of us really need something. For instance when I came home Sunday, she texted me asking if I could bring her food ’cause she was absolutely starving. I told her I was about an hour and a half out, but if it was okay I’d still bring it to her. She began to deny my attempts, but I said, “I’d just hate to know you’re gonna be hungry. Are you positive you don’t want me to bring you something?” She then caved and said, “Well, since your strong armed me “

Maybe it’s just because she’s a girl…a pretty girl…a pretty mysterious girl…that she’s got me wrapped around her finger. I. Don’t. Know.

The Used’s new cd is fantastic, by the way.

[Via http://katiedawson.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment