Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let´s talk about books... good lesbian books

I´m raving mad today.  I have had such a busy day!  But the lovely thing is that even when all about me is mad, bad or just plain bonkers… I can come home, eat my tea, cuddle my girlfriend, catch up with the email, visit the old facebook, and then… retire to my bedroom with a book.  Ah, bliss, there is nothing so lovely as retiring to bed, or a comfy sofa or chair, with a good lesbian book.

Now you may ask, what makes a good lesbian book?  For me, it has to have a interesting story, a bit of romance, some sex but not on every page… and a happy ending.  Actually, I have just described probably 85% of all the lesbian genré books ever written!  Bella Books and Spinster Ink are two great lesbian book publishers and there is also the Radclyffe productions, Bold Strokes Books.  Also, Yellow Rose and New Victoria and a raft of others.  There is a huge supply of books and now it is so easy to find them with Amazon stocking most titles now.  Also, the easy availability of second hand books has made it easier to get hold of even the old Naiad prints, though most of these have been or are being re-issued by Bella as they bought the old Naiad catalogue.

I am going to spend a couple of days on here reviewing some of the 100s of books I have read over the past ten years and then perhaps we could have a vote.  I´ll start tomorrow with Solitaire and Brahms by Sarah Dreher.  This is one of my all time favourites and the mad thing is that I can´t quite expalin why, except to say I have read and re-read this book so many times and like watching a favourite movie, it just always leaves me with a nice fuzzy feeling.  I think it´s maybe that I just like the two main characters so much…I dunno… anyway, tomorrow I will write a proper review.  Bet you can´wait eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment